Autism Solutions Ohio provides an extensive database of highly trained therapists and professionals for children with autism spectrum disorder. They believe that each child is unique, thus offering a variety of treatment options depending on the child’s needs, making these services accessible and affordable to the community of Columbus.
The therapists and professionals have established years of experience in various ASD conditions. They are committed to providing a safe and stimulating environment, which promotes learning, independence, and confidence. They aim to give these children an avenue to express themselves freely while improving their skills to eventually participate fully in the community.
Autism Solutions Ohio is composed of occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and special education teachers, dedicated to promoting a healthy and friendly environment for children with autism. These professionals do not only focus on the child, but also on all of the child’s support system, including the family, caregiver, and school teachers, guiding them through independence and helping them reach their full potential.
Autism Solutions Ohio offers different types of interventions for children with autism following behavioral and communication approaches. From early intensive behavioral intervention (EIBI), to auditory, verbal, and visual training, Autism Solutions Ohio aims to give high-quality interventions that backed up by research and clinical studies to these children. Here are some of the services they offer:
- Discrete trial training (DTT)
- Tasks and lessons are simplified to small parts, so children will acquire them better while reinforcing positive behaviors through reward.
- Pivotal response training (PRT)
- Focuses on the child’s ability to monitor his or her own behavior and improve his or her motivation to acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Floortime approach
- Also known as the development, individual differences, relationship-based approach (DIR), this training focuses on improving relationships through acknowledgment of feelings and emotions.
- Picture exchange communication system (PECS)
- Appropriate for non-verbal children as it uses pictures and symbols to facilitate communication skills.
- Sensory integration therapy
- Deals with sensory processing, such as visual inputs, sounds, and smell.
- Occupational Therapy
- Promotes independence in daily activities, and teaches recreational activities as well.
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Aims to improve communication skills
The therapists and professionals perform a thorough assessment of the child prior to giving an appropriate intervention. Hence, it is important that the child’s family be involved in the therapy as they can provide relevant information on how the child behaves at home, whether alone or with other people.
With the goal of providing a friendly and safe environment to children with autism, Autism Solutions Ohio is your partner in letting these children have a more meaningful and happier life.